This is a ruby rewrite of ivonka.sh script. This simple script read data from standard input or command line parameters using say.expressivo.com text to speech reader.
- english language (default)
- male and female polish voice
- romanian language
- files are player directly from internet
- mplayer as default player
Script can be downloaded from here.
$ ivo.rb "This is simple text" $ echo "simple text" | ivo.rb $ cat somefile.txt | ivo.rb
- DEFAULT_LANGUAGE - default language
- PLAYER - filename of mp3 player.
- SLEEP - time between http requests in seconds (something about 0.5s)
- SLEEP_ON_FAIL - time after failed http request (it should be something about 1s)
- MAX_TEXT_LENGTH - lenght that can be converted at one request (for now in 200)
To change reader language, pass a language symbol as parameter while creating ivo object.
ivo = Ivo.new :PL #for polish ivo = Ivo.new :PLM #for polish male voice ivo = Ivo.new :PLF #for polish female voice ivo = Ivo.new :RO #for romanian